Monday, May 3, 2010

17 Weeks and Counting!

Well, I can officially say that I feel pregnant! I feel that this baby is becoming more of a reality for Bryan and I. Just this morning, Bryan kissed my belly and it meant the world to me. Only 18 more days until we find out if it's a girl or a boy.

This past week my pants started to become a little more snug and I think I feel the baby moving at night when we lay down in bed. I still can't pinpoint if that is what I am feeling or not. I wanted to layout in the sun this past weekend (yes, it was HOT in PA) and went to buy a tankini top. I have never felt more comfortable in a bathing suit! I went to JCPenny and literally tried on 15 tops. I still wear my bikini bottoms, but wanted to be tasteful and cover up my belly if I was walking around.

I feel that I seem to notice, even more so than before, every pregnant woman. I was standing at the customer service entrance at Target yesterday and I swear that 2 out of every 3 women were pregnant. It's like we belong to a secret sisterhood, but considering that everyone can tell we are pregnant, I guess it's not so much a secret. Even though I am not "really" showing yet, I feel like I am part of the sisterhood and I have a right to be looking at strollers and highchairs. Before, I felt silly as if someone was going to look at me and think, "she's not even pregnant". Now I feel entitled to be there! :)

Up to this point, I have only bought two unisex outfits, but yesterday, I went to Target to pick up the crib that my parents bought for us. I love it! As much as I am ready to set it up, I had Bryan check it for any scratches before storing it in the basement. I figured I would go ahead and get the changing table so I knew that it matched as well. I read in a magazine that it's recommended that we test it out with "something" that weighs less than 50 pounds before putting the baby in it. Needless to say after looking at both of the dogs, Tinker is the winner! She will love being in there, before the mattress of course. Here's a pic of the crib.



Speaking of the pups, their birthdays are this week!! Tinker turns 11 on her favorite holiday of the year (Cinco de Mayo) and Smokey turns 10 on Mother's Day. They don't do well with Frosty Paws or soft food anymore, so they will get a nice walk and a new toy. The two of them are going to do so good with a baby in the house. Smokey will be the one either laying in front of the crib, trying to push the door open when the baby is sleeping or standing there staring between the posts, making his crying sounds at the baby. Tinker will be the one to want to lay by the baby if he or she is on the floor, but definitely not share her toys with them. She's too small to be looking at the baby while he/she is in the crib or try to push the door open. :)

I walked into work today to find Michelle walking in with a gift bag in her hand. She said it was a gift for both Heather and I. I opened it to find two matching onesie's (see pic below) for the two newest Ranallo additions to wear in their first pics together. How adorable?!



All week I seemed to have something I wanted to write on here, but by the time Monday rolls around, I forget everything! I am planning on updating the blog once a week, unless there is something really exciting to post. For example, I am waiting on my first nephew to be born any day now, I am sure that will be a drop in update! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment